Front doors in Fairfield, CA and the rest of the world are the centerpieces of any home. The first thing someone sees when they visit a new home is the front door. Obviously a home’s front door needs to be secure and energy efficient to protect the home and keep the house separate from the outside, but a front door should also make a statement about the house. Nothing is more boring or off-putting than a lackluster or ugly front door.
An elegant, stylish and welcoming front door will warmly greet guests with whatever feeling the owner chooses. What does your front door say about your and your home? If its not what you want, maybe its time for an update. Use these 5 tips to help you spruce up your front door to make it the first impression of your homeowner dreams.
- Decorate – There are almost an unlimited number of ways you can decorate your front door. From painting and hanging wreaths to adding a statement house number or installing shutters, you can really have fun with your front door decoration. Choose front door décor that not only matches your home’s style, but also showcases your personality.
- Replace – A simple way to upgrade your front door is to replace it. In fact, a recent study found that just replacing a front door can increase the home’s perceived value. When replacing your door, don’t just swap one door out for another. Instead, try to make your entryway feel larger by installing windows or glass above or on either side.
- Lights – If you don’t already have lights by your front door, adding them can really up your wow factor. Wall sconces are always a classic choice, and come in a variety of designs from sleek and modern to timeless and traditional. You can also install a hanging light fixture above your door if you have a porch.
- Greenery – Everyone loves flowers and plants, so a quick front door fix is to add some planters. Planters come in almost every shape, size and color, and you can find plants for your planters in almost every shape, size and color. Try an Old World look with vase cement planters, or go more Zen with geometric glazed pots.
- High Tech – Your front door isn’t the most advanced part of your house, but it could be. Increase your home security and style with front door tech like a video door answering system. When someone rings your bell, a camera will send a picture to a screen inside. You could also install a voice announcer system to be able to speak with whoever is at your door without having to open it.
These are just a few of the ways you can upgrade your front door to help it make a statement. If you want to learn more about Fairfield, CA front doors, contact Rocket Door. You can visit us at 1639 E Monte Vista Avenue #L103 Vacaville, CA 95688, or give us a call at (707) 689-5147.