There are tons of replacement doors in Dixon, CA with amazing features, expert designs, and advanced construction. However, these doors won’t be energy efficient, effective or even safe if they’re not installed properly. You need to make sure your replacement doors are installed well to keep your home safe and functioning at optimum levels. Not to mention, your manufacturer warranty probably won’t be valid without proper installation.
To stay ahead of your home’s safety, energy efficiency and beauty, and to be on top of your doors’ warranty, its important to know the warning signs of a bad replacement door installation. This way, you can make the bad contractor fix his or her mistake before you present the final check. Common warning signs of a bad door replacement installation include:
- Gaps – If a door is measured properly, it will fit perfectly in the door opening. If not, there will be gaps between the opening and the frame.
- Water Damage or Drafts – Water and air should not be able to get through your new doors. If you feel a draft, or see signs of water damage like pooling water, visible mold, bad smells, or bubbling paint or wallpaper, something is wrong.
- Poor Function – New doors should readily open and close. If your new doors were not measured or installed correctly, they won’t open or close as they should. Also, if you’re having trouble opening or closing your doors right after installation, it will only get worse as time goes on.
- Messy Caulking – Caulking around the exterior of a new door installation helps weatherproof and seal. The top and sides of your new door should have a visible, even layer of caulk. If the caulk is uneven, patchy, or messy, that’s a big red flag. Also, if you can see messy caulk, how many steps that you can’t see were messed up?
- Foggy Panes – Most doors have glass, but if that glass has fog or condensation between panes, it means is broken, or the door was improperly installed. If your door is brand new and the condensation can’t be removed by cleaning, the seal was broken during the installation. This is a big problem, as the glass seal is a large part of the door’s energy efficient features.
If you see any of these warning signs, reach out to the original door contractor to see if they will fix their work. You can also contact a licensed window installer, like Rocket Door to remove the doors and reinstall them correctly.
However, if you want to be sure your replacement doors are installed correctly from the start, just hire Rocket Door. We offer a wide range of Dixon, CA replacement door services and would be happy to help you find and install the best doors for your home. Pay us a visit at 1639 E Monte Vista Avenue #L103 Vacaville, CA 95688, or give us a call at (707) 689-5147 to learn more about what we can do for you.
Leave A Comment