No matter if you’re building a new home, renovating your existing one, or moving into a new house, you need to make sure house reflects you and your personality, style, and taste. The easiest way to do that is through your entry door. Not only does your entry door serve as your home’s first impression, but it also is a source of security and protection from unwanted guests, as well as the weather. So how do you find the perfect entry door for your Vallejo, CA home?
First, make a list of what’s most important to you when it comes to your entry door. To do that, ask yourself questions like:
- What is the style of your home?
- Are you worried about privacy?
- Do you want more natural light in your entryway?
- What type of weather exposure with the door have? Direct sun or lots of rain?
- What’s your personal style?
Once you know what’s most important to you for your entry door you can start explore door styles. When choosing your entry door you need to make sure it matches with your house’s overall style. It’s always safe to choose a door that matches your home rather than a current trend. Trends come and go, but your home will most likely have the same overall style throughout the years to come. Here is a list of common entry door styles and what home styles do they go with to get you stared.
- Traditional – Traditional or classic doors generally have features like raised panels, moldings, and glass inserts with either simple or decorative glass. They look great with homes in Edwardian, Victorian, Colonial, Cape Cod and other more traditional styles.
- Craftsman – Craftsman doors are some of the most popular, as they match with many different kinds of homes from Craftsman or Bungalow to Prairie, Cottage and even some Ranch style homes. They have lots of straight, simple lines and usually feature a rectangular window toward the top of the door or raised or flat panels.
- Modern – Modern doors are set apart by straight, clean lines, and an overall minimalist feel. They match with Modern and Mid-Century Modern style homes.
- Rustic – As the name denotes, rustic doors are charming in an old-world way as they are commonly made from rustic woods such as Knotty Alder or Andean Walnut and have iron elements such as iron grills and clavos.
- Arched – Arched entry doors are perfect for when you want to make a statement. They match with Mediterranean, Tudor, Southwestern and Spanish style homes, and are most commonly made with Round (true radius), Segmental (eyebrow shape), or Elliptical arches.
These are just a few of the many different kinds of entry doors you can choose from for your home. If you want to learn more about door styles, or your options for Vallejo, CA entry doors, Rocket Door can help. Please visit us at 1639 E Monte Vista Avenue #L103 Vacaville, CA 95688, or give us a call at (707) 689-5147 for more information.