When it comes to housing materials, a lot of homeowners are reluctant to choose synthetic alternatives to wood, stone or brick. However, Benicia, CA fiberglass replacement doors have a lot of amazing features that make them a worthwhile investment.
Fiberglass doors are basically sandwiches made up of fiberglass skins and frames surrounding layers of rigid insulating foam. Fiberglass doorframes are usually made of strong, moisture-proof, composite materials that help reduce the risk of termites, mold, mildew and wood rot. The insulating cores are made generally made from polyurethane foams to help make sure the door is well insulated and soundproof. Fiberglass door skins are comprised of high-impact, compression-molded fiberglass. This skin is ideal for helping the door hold up to extreme impacts breaking, splintering, rusting, warping or even denting.
Fiberglass replacement doors have lots of benefits like:
- Balance of Budget and Features – Many homeowners would prefer a wood door, but simply can’t afford one. Fiberglass doors are great compromises because they are a lot less expensive than wood doors, and they offer amazing looks, energy efficiency and maintenance.
- Tough in Weather – Fiberglass doors are practically weather proof. This is because the compression molding process creates totally uniform, sealed surface, free of the cracks, breaks, and seems that are inherent and unavoidable with natural products like wood. These doors stand up to rain, humidity, snow, high winds and anything else Mother Nature can throw at them.
- Durability – Fiberglass doors don’t just hold up to weather. They are tough in the face of any exposure, even attempted break-ins. They resist scratching, warping, denting and breaking much better than wood or other door materials. These doors hold firm in the face of kicks, flows or any other kind of break in attempt. Not to mention that fiberglass doors are most commonly paired with composite doorframes, and composite doorframes have twice the holding power over regular wooden doorframes.
- Energy Efficiency – Fiberglass is a very effective insulator, so fiberglass doors are very energy efficient. This insulation also makes them incredibly sound proof. According to the Department of Energy, fiberglass doors keep homes warmer in winter and cooler in summer than wood doors. The DOE reported that windowless fiberglass doors offer 5x the insulation of a comparable solid wood door.
- Style – You can find almost any color, size, shape or style of fiberglass door to match your home and personality. Also, if you ever tire of your fiberglass door color, you can easily repaint it. Also, unlike smooth steel doors, fiberglass doors can come with an interesting texture to add even more personality to your entryway. You can find fiberglass doors that mimic wood grain for a classic wood door look without the wood door price tag.
These are just a few fiberglass door features that make them a great choice for any house. If you want to learn more about fiberglass replacement doors in Benicia, CA, you can contact Rocket Door. Visit us at 1639 E Monte Vista Avenue #L103 Vacaville, CA 95688, or give us a call today at (707) 689-5147 for more information.
Leave A Comment