Installing new entry doors for your Vallejo, CA home is a great way to get rid of unwanted pests, drafts, and high energy bills. There are a lot of entry door options out there, though. Combine that with the high stakes of the big investment, and getting new entry doors can be pretty overwhelming.
But it doesn’t have to be. Follow these 10 steps to make your entry door buying and installing process easy, and your new doors fabulous.
- Check For Performance – High quality doors should have airtight seals for weatherproof performance and energy efficient function. Inspect the corners and edges of the frames for cracks and crevices, and if they door has windows, make sure they tilt or open easily for ventilation and maintenance.
- Trust the Professionals – Your contractor and vendor know what they’re talking about. Listen to their advice and recommendations when making your decisions, but never feel pressured if you don’t agree.
- Think About Adding Extras – Double or triple-paned glass panels for door windows and extra thick doors not only help keep energy costs down, but also keep unwanted sound out for a more quiet and comfortable home. Think about investing in extras for added efficiency or safety.
- Read the Label – Most doors these days come with labels detailing their energy efficiency ratings. Be sure to read the labels to make sure doors you like match your energy efficiency needs and preferences.
- Follow All Local Codes – There are entry door installation codes in place to ensure you and your family’s safety. Be aware of such codes, and take care to follow them.
- Measure – While contractors and professional measure the space, it’s always a good idea to measure yourself as well.
- Triple Check – Double and triple check all of your measurements before giving them to your contractor. This ensures a good fit and tight seal for weatherproof systems.
- Install Flashing – Even the highest quality doors can leak at the top without flashing or drip caps, so don’t forget to think about and install flashing.
- Bonus Protection – Storm doors are a great way to protect your home from severe weather and potential intruders.
- Don’t Forget the Trim – It’s easy to forget the finishing touches. Your entry doors won’t look complete without new trim to go with them. Have fun and add other accessories and extras too, like lights and new hardware.
Still not convinced you can do it all on your own? Rocket Door has you covered. We have years of experience in the entry door industry, and would love to help you through the process of choosing, ordering and installing your new door.
If you want to get started on your new door journey, or have questions about Vallejo, CA entry doors, please do reach out. You can stop by our showroom conveniently located at 1639 E Monte Vista Avenue #L103 Vacaville, CA 95688. You can also give us a call at (707) 689-5147 for more information or to schedule an in-home consultation.