While there are many places in the home you can easily decorate for the changing seasons or on a whim, none are easier to dress up than the entry door. Entry doors in Vallejo, CA look great with a little decoration. While everyone loves a good wreath, sometimes its fun to change up entry door décor.
Here are 6 fun, easy, and creative ways you can decorate your entry door, and they aren’t wreaths:
- Rainy Day – Find old rain boots, an umbrella or a watering can. Put some fake flowers inside the container you chose and use some ribbon as decoration or a hanger. This whimsical décor is always fun in the wet spring months.
- Letter Monogram – Show off your family name with a letter monogram decoration on the entry door. Giant letter monograms are very trendy, and therefore easy to find. You can purchase one at your local craft store, or, if you’re feeling crafty, make one yourself out of foam board or hardwood. You can decorate the letter however you want, with paint, mosaic, glass, stain or even shells.
- Chalkboard Sign – Paint the interior of a tray, frame or small cabinet door with chalkboard paint. Hang you new sign on your entry door for a functional and cute decoration. Write fun, helpful or welcoming messages on your sign to suit your mood, the season, or your needs. For example, you can write, “Come on in!” if you’re having a party, or “Shhh…baby sleeping” if the little one is napping.
- Flower Basket – Nothing is more welcoming than fresh flowers. Fill a small basket with fresh flowers of your choice and hang it on your door. You can change out the flowers depending on the season or holiday for a fresh look.
- Picture Frame – Finally make use of one of those old picture frames you have in your basement or attic. Empty frames are easily embellished with craft supplies from paper and faux flowers to dried flowers, beads or paint. You could make the frame even more personal by installing a wire across the frame and attaching photos with clothespins.
- Cut Out – If you want something even more personal for your entry door, you can make a DIY wood cut out. You can buy or build a cut out in almost any shape or size. Love music? Hang a wooden treble clef. Are you a big cooking family? Hang a spoon. If you want to make your own, all you’ll need is hardboard, a jigsaw, and your imagination. Don’t forget to decorate your cut out with paint or stain for a finished look.
It’s easy to make your entry door look great with these 6 ideas. You can also update your entry door by getting a new one. Rocket Door, located at 1639 E Monte Vista Avenue #L103 Vacaville, CA 95688, has a great selection of Vallejo, CA entry doors. Give us a call today at (707) 689-5147 to learn more about what we can do for you.